What are the best business opportunities in Zimbabwe right now? It’s a question I’m asked almost every week. There are at least 3 answers – equally accurate, but not equally useful.
The first is a template response, which will basically list for you the most commonly known business opportunity areas in Zimbabwe.
Mining for example – Gold, Chrome, diamonds etc.
Mining is a golden opportunity in Zimbabwe for entrepreneurs and investors – but you already knew that right?
Problem is, Mining is only an opportunity for you is you have money, a lot of it to get started. It’s capital intensive to identify, purchase then actually dig and eventually profit from what you find in mining.
A good many Zimbabweans joined the ‘gold rush’ (or diamond rush) and bought mines in a hurry, only to find that they couldn’t afford to dig. Eventually, many are forced to sell it off to someone with the capital, often time, without much (any) profit from the whole transaction.
Answer number two is more useful to you…but no one wants to hear it, because it’s work. The worst kind. It’s the kind of work men fear most, involving the use of the brain, not the hands!
How do you find a business opportunity in Zimbabwe? My best answer is that ‘it depends’.
- Depends who you are. An opportunity for you may not be one for you.
- Depends what you have. You may not have the access or the assets to take advantage of the same opportunities as I do.
- Depends what and who you know.
If that sounds like I’m answering a question with a question, it’s because I am. The question of what are the best business opportunities in Zimbabwe is best answered by the question
If you force my hand though, I’ll give you another answer though. A simple formula for finding any opportunity anywhere.
Ask yourself these 3 questions
- What do people In Zimbabwe want That I Can supply competitively? Don’t ask what do people need, because we don’t always buy what we need, we buy what we want. Many Zimbabweans spend more on entertainment than they do on many things you may think they need (education and self-improvement, Health matters, home maintenance etc).
- What are Zimbabwean businesses selling and can I help them sell better or can I out sell them? This is great if you’re the really entrepreneurial type and understand the power of marketing. To find out what people are selling, buy a week’s worth of newspapers and look for trends. What products are advertised the most. What kind of ads? What are they saying. I’ll go deeper into this another time.
- What do people want that they can’t get a satisfactory solution to right now? If you can find this, you’ve found a golden opportunity. It’s means that you’ve acknowledged the presence of competition, but that you may be able to offer a better solution.
That’s it, well not quite…there is another option for finding business opportunities in Zimbabwe…
Let Me Find Business Opportunities FOR You!
If you’re interested in a more risk free and ‘real world’ answer to the question of business opportunity, I have another answer for you. It’s reliable and pretty easy (no real work involved on your part). It’s a unique method that will uncover the specific and actionable opportunities you’re probably after. It’ll cost you $180, but well worth it for the right person. If that sounds like too much to pay for good information, you’re almost certainly wouldn’t be able to take advantage of the opportunities if i gave them to you free.
If you’re interested, let me know, I’ll tell you how it works.