If you read this article on getting a website in Zimbabwe, three amazing things will happen for you
- You will have an unfair marketing advantage over 99% of people in your industry.
- You will save yourself time, money and a lot of frustration by not dealing with the wrong web design ‘experts’
- You will know the one question that 99% of website designers in Zimbabwe DO NOT want you to ask – YET it’s THE MOST IMPORTANT question they need to answer.
When it comes to getting a website designed in Zimbabwe, there are a million graphic designers and web design agencies out there. No real difference between most of them – some cheap, some expensive. The thing is though, they’re all (99.9% of them) keeping a dark secret from you – no seriously.
That secret is the question they don’t want you to ask, BEFORE you hire them, and to ensure that you don’t ask this question, here’s the very clever thing they do…
They distract you with the famous 5, MUCH lower value questions that can easily be answered – here they are…
- Can I see a few samples of other websites you’ve designed?
- How much do you charge?
- Do you provide domain registration?
- What about hosting?
- How long does it take?
I know you want to know the answers to those, but if you focus on those, you’re missing the most important thing – the POINT of a website in the first place! And there lies the secret behind the most important question…
What is the point of having a business website the first place?
• To make your business card looks more professional?
• So that your new company seems a little more established?
• To keep up with the times?
• To make your mama proud & impress your friends?
Alas, it’s none of the above!
The point of your website is the same as the point for every other MARKETING tool you ever invest in…(drum roll please) To attract, educate and covert and keep customers!
Pure and (relatively) simple.
And the NUMBER ONE question you need to ask any web designer is
“If I choose you, how will you ensure that my website attracts, educates, converts and keeps customers for me?”
When you do, you’ll hear a few ‘ummms & errrs’ and a few guesses. You’ll hear about how that’s NOT included in the web design package “but we can always try something for an extra fee” (‘try’ being the operative word. My point is this
A Website Design Project Is;
- NOT a Technical Thing so don’t focus on the technicalities so much because almost any half experienced website developer can provide you with those (hosting, domain registration) – whilst not giving you the number one thing.
- It’s NOT A Creative Thing (oh boy, here come angry emails from designers again). No matter how nice your website looks or doesn’t look – that’s NOT the point, so don’t focus on nice looking design because again – most experienced designers can do that, whilst NOT doing the most important thing.
- It’s NOT an Accountant’s Thing – So price is DEFINITELY NOT the most important factor either – although if you’re paying $1000 (in Zimbabwe) for a basic site, you’re on shaky ground!
A WEBSITE IS A MARKETING THING! Judge your website and your web designer on that criteria and not any other.
- Ask him how the site will attract prospects despite the millions of other competing Google search results.
- Ask him how the site will convince & convert clients to do business with you over your competitors.
- Ask him what he will do to ensure your website does more than just sit online, thanks to hosting and look pretty thanks to design – but how to will offer your business a real competitive advantage that affects your bottom line?
If he can answer that, you’ve got the right person on the job. If not, keep your money and find another website designer who actually knows what he’s doing.
Oh and how do you know if they can do what they say they can do? Forget samples, ask how successful their own website is as
A final thought about the cost (coincidently, what follows may be the first poem ever written about a website design)!
“If you find web design that’s cheap but doesn’t work – DON’T BUY IT.
Or else, you’ve wasted every dollar spent
But if you find one NOT cheap but it works – GET IT!
Save up, budget and negotiate!”
Okay, so I’m not that great at poetry, but we are into creating websites that work. If interested, get in touch.